Children’s Medical Services is a statewide program that supports children, youth and young adults (birth – 21) with special health care needs and their families. Children’s Medical Services provides assistance to eligible families and young adults with accessing timely and affordable health care services as well as needed resources within their communities.
Children’s Medical Services works with the child and young adult’s primary and specialty medical specialists to provide or coordinate for:
- Genetic Counseling
- Inpatient/Outpatient Hospitalization
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Medications and Supplies
- Diagnostic Testing
Eligibility for the Children’s Medical Services program is based on the following:
- Eligible medical condition
- Annual Family Income
- Live in Georgia
Examples of eligible medical conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Asthma, cystic fibrosis, and other lung disorders
- Some hearing disorders
- Neurological and neurosurgery disorders including seizures, benign tumors, hydrocephalus, and others
- Orthopedic and/or neuromuscular disorders including cerebral palsy, spina bifida, scoliosis, clubfeet, congenital or traumatic amputations of limbs, and others
- Visual disorders including cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, and others
- Diabetes and other endocrine and genetic disorders
- Craniofacial anomalies (including cleft lip/palate)
- Congenital cardiac conditions
Services provided for the following counties:
- DeKalb County
For more information about eligibility, services provided and enrollment into the program please call
American Academy of Pediatrics – Georgia Chapter
The official website of the American Academy of Pediatrics for parents on accurate, trusted and up-to-date information on issues regarding infants, children and adolescents.
Find Help Georgia
Provides local resources for individuals and families. Resources includes financial assistance, food pantries, medical care, help to pay for childcare, job training and other free or low-cost services.
Call: (800) 244-5373 | Monday through Friday, 8AM – 6PM
Healthy Mother’s Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia
Provides services to expectant families. Services include prenatal education and resources to expectant mothers, breastfeeding support and education, and assistance with accessing health insurance.
Healthy Mother’s Healthy Babies Portal: http://www.resourcehouse.com/hmhb/
Help Me Grow Georgia
Provides healthcare referrals to families with children birth to 8 years old. Referrals include linkages to medical, vision & dental providers, and developmental screenings.
Call: (888) HLP-GROW (888-457-4769) | Monday through Friday, 8AM – 5PM
Parent to Parent of Georgia
Provide services to children and youth with disabilities and their families. Services include an on-line database of various resources locally, educational training for parents and parent support program.